With the development of the Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) into a complex computer-based system, safeguarding from cyber threats is becoming critically important.
The goal of the project is identification of cyber risks threatening ECDIS systemsimplemented on four training ships, which are of different manufacturers and models. The additional goal is, on the basis of the experimental results obtained, to develop an action plan to mitigate the impact of cyber risks identified.
The research will be dedicated to the following objectives:
- Identifying the cyber threats and vulnerabilities in the current deployment of ECDIS systems implemented on four training ships of the project partners (IAMU member universities), the Golden Bear, Aida IV, Kapitan Gregorio Ocaand Kraljica mora;
- Developing a crew interview questionnaire for estimation of implemented protection measures,
- Developing a model for optimal computational vulnerability scanning of shipboard ECDIS systems to identify cyber threats and vulnerabilities,
- Conducting the cyber security resilience examination of the shipboard ECDIS systems,
- Developing the action plan for improving cyber security level of the shipboard ECDIS systems.