The Center for Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity, University of Rijeka, connects scientists from various fields working on interdisciplinary research projects. The Center is strongly focused on the knowledge transfer from academia to industry and vice versa. It is a polygon for multidisciplinary collaboration, starting partnerships, sharing knowledge, and development and testing of innovative ideas with high market potentials. The Center firmly fosters international collaboration with scientists and high-tech companies from abroad.
Latest Research Papers
- Dr. sc. Makro Perčić held an interesting presentation on “Applications of Machine Learning in Experimental Tribology” with the presentation of his recent scientific research in the field of nanometrics experimental tribology with application of ML.
- Assit. prof. dr. sc. Nino Krvavica held an interesting presentation on “Is there a place for AI in civil engineering?” with the presentation of his recent scientific work and open problems in civil engineering which can be solved using ML.
- Alen Salkanović presented a paper titled “Floating Hierarchical Menus for Swipe-Based Navigation on Touchscreen Mobile Devices”, at the 22nd International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2020). As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference could not be held physically (originally scheduled for Copenhagen, Denmark) and was transformed to a virtual format instead. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-49062-1_34
- The Goethe-Institut engages in intercultural exchange and interdisciplinary discourse within a global context. With the AI Residency Programme we aim to initiate both a dialogue between art and technology and a dialogue reaching beyond the borders of European countries. The programme aims to promote artistic access to developments in the field of artificial intelligence. Art […]
- The scientific article “Thermal Object Detection in Difficult Weather Conditions Using YOLO” by M. Kristo, M. Ivašić-Kos, M. Pobar was published in journal IEEE Access, 2020, vol. 8, 125459-125476, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3007481 and is available online.
- How to increase collaboration between the academia and (IT) industry? Discussed at the CroAI (Croatian AI Association) online meeting while presenting the UNIRI Center for AI and Cybersecurity.